Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Sunday: Washington, Gardens and Paluse

Sunday morning we woke up, got a yummy breakfast at the hotel and went to church.  I so wanted a family selfie outside the church in our church clothes, but for various reasons we didn't.  Church was wonderful, even if emotionally fraught.  Some of the kids thought it best if we sit in back in the folding chairs while other members of the family felt like we should sit on the benches.  Their side benches were bigger than ours and so I thought we could fit, but we couldn't.   But when it was all said and done it was a wonderful meeting.  There was a sister missionary leaving on her mission (Sister Mathis) and she gave a particularly wonderful talk.  She was relatable to the teenagers talking about sacrifices of going on a mission and about how she didn't feel God's love for her for most of her life.  She was darling and I was grateful for her message.  Afterwards I went up and thanked her.  The whole ward seemed wonderful and many of us were sad to not stay for second hour.  Megan and I left declaring "I could live in Spokane".  It was my favorite city we visited of the whole trip. 

After church we visited a free garden/park and walked around a bit.  

When we got out of the car the parking lot had these big cement blocks and Dane thought it was a perfect place for a spider-man pose.  


The first garden was a Japanese garden.  This place was legit!  It looked just like we were in Japan - or at least how I would imagine it.  And the best part was the many of our children ware in love with Japan and its culture (it is where a few of them really want to go on their mission).  We all enjoyed walking around and having little moments with the beauty.








Then we went to a English hedge garden.  It was a bit disappointing because none of it was in bloom.  Because of that this was our last garden as we learned that most of the other gardens weren't in bloom either.




We then drove through what is known as "the paluse".  Jason has always been enamored with this biome after he has seen it in a few movies.  It was very beautiful.  Rolling hills, as far as the eye can see in every shade of green and yellow that you can think of.  The sky seemed to go on forever and also change in hues of blue.  We drove to the highest point and looked around.  It was WINDY up there, so we didn't stay long, but it was Dane's favorite part (or so he says).





 Then we drove on into Seattle.  

No comments: