Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, January 9, 2009

College - done!

Today I took my final for my last college class and passed! I am now completely done with college. It was for a math class that I have been ignoring since my first day of college - let's just say... I hate math. I signed up for this class nearly every semester and dropped it after the first day. I was supposed to graduate the semester I had Brock - but only took a partial load, because I knew I was going to have a baby. Then I took the rest of my classes that next fall (minus this math class), I finally signed up for it through independent study last year. After a LOT of procrastination I convinced our friend from our old ward, Wes Jones, to tutor me. He was my salvation - I understood things I never had before. My goal was just to pass the final - I had to get 20 out of 30 right and I did - I got exactly 20 right! For the record it was 100% the spirit - there were a lot of things on the test that I just did not know and did not study - after a few tears and desire to give up - I went back through the test to the ones I did not know - and got a boost of clarity. Everything looked so clear and new ideas were coming to my mind of how to solve them. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost, I am grateful for Wes, I am grateful to Jason for MAKING me take this class and graduating (I would have given up a few months back).

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!! What's next in your journey through life? I miss seeing you and your family regularly.

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

Congrats- was it your Bachelor degree?! I bet you are so relieved to be done.

KordelandHeather said...

Go Celebrate! You deserve it! Now you can feel wonderful peace of not feeling like "there's always something I COULD be studying." I'm proud of you!

Emily said...

Congratulations Jamie! What a huge accomplishment/relief. I had a similar saga with my foreign language requirement...many semesters I tried, cried, dropped, procrastinated, etc... It must be so wonderful to be DONE done.

Kacie said...

Congrats! I believe it is really important to get an education so wait to go!

Sarah and Wes said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Jess said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! We miss you guys... It's kind of lonely & quiet up here. :)

Karen said...

YAY!!! You did it with two kids! YOU'RE AMAZING! I agree with Heather, go celebrate!