Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, January 23, 2009

My new Wednesday nights



My wonderful husband has given me Wednesday nights off. I have been feeling like I needed a spiritual tune-up. I have not been able to really attend all my church meetings for almost 2 years now and my scripture study is almost always interrupted by a crying child. I craved complete devotion to the Lord and things spiritual on a consistent basis. So I am now attending Institute on Wednesday nights. I was a little nervous at first - I had a bad attitude towards institute after I was engaged and got married - it felt like the whole thing was just to find someone to marry - I hoped that night classes would be different - and it was.

This week was my first week and it already changed my life. It was an hour and a half of feeling the spirit. I learned doctrine that I did not know before, I received revelation pertinent to my life, and received an answer to a long ago prayer. I could not write in my notebook fast enough. Ever since then my personal scripture study has been amazing - I am "likening the scriptures" to myself better and remembering things like I used too. This really has been the missing key in my life. I am SO GRATEFUL to Jason for being willing to take the kids on Wednesday nights. It is at the worst time too - he has to feed them both dinner, give Noah his night-time feeding, and put both to bed. Since I have never really worked or gone to school since we have had kids - he has never had this type of responsibility on a consistent basis - I was a little nervous - but he was so willing - I could not turn it down.
So they get much needed "man time"

3 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

I LOVE THAT PICTURE!! It is SO happy :) And you are such an example to me - I need to do a much better job of consistent daily scripture STUDY - thank you for being so motivational/inspirational! love ya!

Karen said...

What a cute picture! That is so wonderful that you get that time each week to go to institute. What a great husband/dad.

Kari said...

Everyone needs a break! I'm glad Jason can do that for you. What a wonderful picture!