Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Big day for Noah

Monday was a big day for Noah. Reason one being we finally got and set up his Exersaucer. We borrowed this exersaucer from a friend for Brock. It was wonderful! It is the most expensive exersaucer out there and is a PAIN to put together - but we decided it was totally worth it! So several people (great-aunts, grandma's, and great grandma's) all chipped in and gave it to him for Christmas. This exersaucer is great because it is developmentally appropriate for a HUGE age range. There are so many things that it keeps their attention for a longer period of time - but it is also not overstimulating. When they are done with the exersaucer part it folds out into an "S" shaped "work station" - this was my FAVORITE attribute. They would love this for years and when ever we get a house with a play room I will keep it up all the time. Definitely worth the money.
It comes completly apart. Jason and Brock had fun putting it together though. Brock loves to help Jason put things together - but his was the first time that he actually really did help. He could follow directions and bring pieces to Jason and correct tools.
This is Noah's (so-far) favorite toy. (It was Brock's too.)


Brock is loving having the toy back as well. I was worried that he want to play in it - but it hasn't been too bad. From day one we explained what was just for Noah and what was just for Brock and it hasn't been much of a fight. He does not sit in the bouncer, the swing, the jumper, or the exersaucer - I am glad we stuck to our guns - we really could not afford to replace anything if it broke. (I do let him sit in the Bumbo - that can't break.) I think it is important to set realistic guidelines with kids - even though Brock was so young when Noah was born - he understood what was expected of him - and I just had to be 100% consistent no matter how much easier things would be to give in.
Noah's next big event was rice cereal. I had hoped it would help him sleep through the night - my hopes were in vain. Nevertheless he liked it well enough, as long as it is really warm and not too thick.
I am really not excited about entering this stage of his life - the eating baby food stage. I find it to be the worst stage. I make my own baby food - which I am glad I do - but urg... it's just annoying. I don't have the freezer space to store the food and I find the whole thing nauseating. (I did not find it nauseating until I was pregnant with Noah - now I can hardly look at the stuff.) They are also always messy and smell gross. I find baby food all over them, me, and my kitchen, plus this is when their diapers start to smell. I wish we could skip this stage and go straight to cut up finger foods!

2 comments:

KordelandHeather said...

I was hoping the same thing with my little guy and cereal...no such luck with sleeping through the night. UG! and AMEN SISTA to wanting to go straight to finger foods!

Stacy said...

Your little boys are so cute! It is amazing how fast they grow!!