Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, August 20, 2010

I have a secret

My secret is that I have been going running every morning this week. This may come as a shock to most of you who know I don't really exercise and I definitely DON'T run. I have had a desire to do it for about a month now, but have ignored it because that would mean I would have to...well... actually run. I just thought the desire would go away, and it didn't. So on Monday I thought, "maybe if I go, I will remember that I hate it, and I will stop thinking about it." But instead I loved it.

It has changed my whole life. I am doing it 100% for emotional reasons. To be up, outside, by myself, listening to my I-pod - it feels so good. I come in - refreshed and relaxed, ready to get the kids up and start my day. I am way sad I ignored it for so long, because it is going to start getting cold and dark soon - and most of the reason that I love it is because of the beautiful weather and watching the sun come up over the mountains.

oh, and I guess the running is good for me too.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Best workout reason ever! Glad you're enjoying it!

Sabrina said...

I totally understand. I used to hate running. I would rather do any other exercise. Now, it's, by far, my favorite workout. There is something refreshing about being outside first thing in the morning that really does start off the whole day better. I am glad you are enjoying it.

Emily said...

Gasp! A scandalous secret indeed. Maybe you can infuse some of that desire into my already-aching soles. I'll be back in two weeks, and have set a goal to go for a walk (not run...walk) every morning until it gets too cold. We'll have to get together and find some indoor activities for our kids to do!

Kari said...

Yeah! Go you!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Good for you! I have slacked off lately on exercising and need to get back into it... it just makes you feel so good and refreshed! I'm slightly jealous that you can actually go running outside right now. It's like 95 degrees here in the morning and I just dont have the motivation for that. I'm sure I'll start back up for our beautiful AZ "winters" :)