Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jungle Jim's

Warning - there is a major picture overload. I should have made a colleague - but I wasn't in the mood.

We went to Jungle Jims with our friends the Curren's and the Millars. The Millars are friend's of ours from Provo who moved to Arizona. They were in town for Christmas so we got together one afternoon. The kids had a great time - as you will see in pictures. It is nice when your kids reach an age where they can just go play by themselves.

Rachel, Andrew, Addie, Brock and Noah. This ride goes FAST - too fast for me. I couldn't believe Brock and Noah went on it by themselves.


Bumper cars were the hit! We did it like 3 times in a row. They were all pretty good at driving their own cars - except Noah. They all thought running into each other was hilarious!




I like Jungle Jim's because they let you ride on all the rides with your kids - and you don't have to pay! Although I am not one for the rides - I used to like stuff like that, but now they just make me feel sick.


Megan had a good'ole time in her stroller and crawling around.




Jess and Cara - we can't wait for Cara to be sitting and crawling!

Although Noah is definitely old enough to do all the rides by himself - both Brock and Noah just wanted to ride together on every ride. I think that is so cute - they would almost always rather be together than apart.
Andrew and Rachel
Brock and Noah
and in the back is Addie and Chase (both the Millar's)
Megan took her nap




My kids are at great stages right now. Brock and Noah are old enough to play by themselves, but still like to include me and like to have me "follow them around". And Megan just crawls around below my feet. I remember going to play places like McDonald or Kangaroo Zoo and seeing moms sit and read a book while their kids went and played. I could never quite decide if I was jealous of her or pitied her. I have always wanted to be the mom to PLAY with my kids. But there is definitely something to be said for letting your kids go play while you take a break. I think the key is just to embrace the stage you are at. Time will surly come when my kids don't need/want me around - and I can have all the time for reading in the world. But for now I still love to get in the McDonald's playground tunnels with them and play a little hide and seek.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm jealous! I wish I could have come with you guys. Looks fun!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Aww.. you guys all look awesome! I couldn't agree more with loving that our kids our old enough to play by themselves sometimes and we don't need to entertain them 24/7! I'm jealous that you can fit in the McDonalds tunnels- I don't think I have been able to fit in there since I was in 3rd grade- I've always been a little on the tall side :) I totally used to be able to ride rides but now they make me sick too! I blame it on having kids and pregnancy :) I'm still loving Brock's smile. Classic.

Sabrina said...

We had a blast. Thanks so much for inviting us! It was so great to see you all again.