Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

More Christmas Stuff

For Family Night this week we made a ginger bread house (well, graham cracker house). Brock was really into it this year... Noah was really into eating. I was unsure if I wanted to buy a kit or try to do it myself. I was afraid I would end up spending twice as much on candy than the kits, and I was worried my frosting wouldn't be gluey enough. I researched the frosting and found a great recipe - royal frosting, or something like that. Then I went to Winco and bought the candy from the bins, all the candy only cost me $2.25 - and I got WAY to much. The most expensive thing were the Graham Crackers, I am always surprised at how much they are. All in all the whole thing probably cost us $5.


Best family shot... and yes, I dyed my hair, that will be a whole post after the holidays.

Something that makes me smile...
Driving up to my home after Christmas shopping to Christmas lights and a tree in the window. I am all smiles!

I love Christmas lights and was thinking about how I wanted to decorate my house for Christmas as soon as we bought it. I had decided I wanted the big outside lights that are red and white (turns out or neighbors have those - so I would change to red, white,and green - so we are not matchy matchy).
Then Jason lost his job (s), and several new housey things got cut back (I didn't plant any tulip bulbs in the fall, our sprinkler system never got fixed, and we never purchased that AC), and of course, Christmas lights (it was the responsible thing to do.) Then I found these isicle lights on KSL for $3!! Heck ya! I would have never picked them - but they will totally do for now. They make me very happy - and so does my wonderful husband who put them up AFTER the big snow storm. Yea for true love!

1 comment:

The Halls said...

I love your long hair. I don't think I've ever seen it past your shoulders.