Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Conference Weekend

Every year since I have had children I always think that I am not going to be able to watch conference. And as we add a child every year I think, 'well that is the end of being able to get something out of conference - we definitely can't watch it with 3." But every year (well every 6 months) the children are wonderful and it all works out. I can honestly say that I have been able to watch, and focus, on all 4 sessions of conference since Brock was born. This year Megan slept from 10-12 and the boys just played by themselves and then all 3 slept from 2 - 4.

On Saturday in between sessions we had a picnic at a park and flew our first kite. It was one of those wonderful conference days. (Especially since, while Jason was at priesthood, I got to go out to dinner with my mom and sisters - so fun!) The boys had been asking to fly a kite everyday for about 3 weeks. We never really had enough wind - so they were so excited to finally do it!


Brock was very serious about the whole thing. He figured out how to maneuver the string and move the kite around in the air. When it came close to hitting the ground he knew how to bring it back up.






Noah is still a little young to think it is really cool for more than a minute or two. But the smile on his face for the sheer excitement is worth a million dollars. I love my Noah because he gets so excited about the little things. He jumps up and down, does dances, and smiles so big you think it is going to come off his face.






Megan just sat on the blanket the whole time watching the boys and sipping her sippy cup.



Oh - and conference was great too. We loved all the talks about marriage. Obviously we believe in getting married "early in life" (I think is how they stated it) and "not putting off children". I love the way we did things.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I was anxious about how my boys would do with conference, too, but we also watched all four sessions (well, Kevin had to work Saturday...which is what I was really nervous about). I really enjoyed all of conference and enjoyed the spirit we felt. Megan's shirt is so cute!

Karen said...

Oh! And fun for you to go out to dinner. Who had your kids?