We had Megan's first birthday last Saturday. She was very cute and had a good time. I made a bunny cake - it turned out wonderfully, probably my favorite cake I have made yet. It is even layered with pink icing in the middle.

She dove right into the cake. She is the only one of my kids to do that so far. Both the boys were very timid. As most of you might know I am strangely strict about what my kids eat. Their one year old birthday cake is the first time my kids have anything sweet or with sugar for the most part (graham crackers have sugar). The horror of them eating their birthday cake haunts me for about 6 weeks before their birthday - I would put it off (or make an all natural vegetable cake - but Jason insists that I lay off my craziness for their birthday. I guess he has to win one every now and then. :)
For her birthday she got very spoiled. She got a doll from her Grandma Herbert and a doll stroller from her Grandma Hanna. A baby doll bottle from Brock and bubbles from Noah. A lot of little girl things (purse, doll blankets etc) from her Aunt Katie, a tea set from her Aunt Ashley and a car seat from us. It was VERY girly. She needed it - EVERYTHING in her life has been boy.

I already posted about the car from Aunt Kasey - I wanted to save the pictures for this post. She was so excited! She plays with it all the time. And thinks she is the biggest girl. Yesterday she crawled into it with my keys and cell phone - I had a vision of my life 15 years down the road - so sad!
Noah loves the car as well. She shares pretty well - but she knows it is her car and will just push or pull him out. She is VERY assertive - we are working on her patience.
She also loves her doll stroller and doll. She pushes it around the house and takes her dolls in and out.
And just some pictures of the guests!



6 comments:
I like that stroller! Does it hold up to my ratings? :) I'm so glad that she is enjoying all of her girly gifts!
What a fun day for your family. Megan looks so giddy happy in all of the pictures.
Good Job on the cake.
I love the picture of her and Jason sitting in the pile of presents and wrapping paper. So cute. Happy First Birthday Megan!
Oh come on Jamie! Every kid needs a little sugar!!! You grew up with a freezer full of ice cream.... haha
I had that same cake when I was one!
Post a Comment