Can they tell that I have been counting down the minutes until nap time for the last 3 hours?
Do they know that every time that I smiled and said, "that is so silly" I rolled my eyes as I turned around?
Can they tell that I am on pins and needles, gritting my teeth and clutching my fists as I try not to yell because they really are just acting their age? But truth is - it is SO annoying?
Is it misleading to let them think I am so nice by letting them watch Barney at 12:30 when in reality I just wanted to lay on the couch unbothered for 30 minutes?
Despite my annoyance and attitude today (who knows why? hormones, weather, tired...) my boys have been all smiles, laughter, giggles, and overall silliness, and as I put Noah down for his nap he wrapped his arms around me tight and said, "I love you mom".
Guilt overcame me because today was not one of my best days, which led me to wonder... could they tell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It certainly makes me feel a little bit better about feeling that way sometimes too, when, even you, mom extraordinaire in my eyes, is like that. It's hard to know if they can tell when you try to hide, but I know they can tell when you don't :) You're such a fabulous mom!
I'm so glad you posted this. I've been having a lot of these moments and days lately.
Post a Comment