Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Soccer

Brock played soccer this fall.  I think it was the best moments in his life up to this point.  He loved it, he lived for it.  I unfortunately never got pictures!  Can you believe how lame I am!  Can I just say he was awesome.  This shouldn't be too surprising to those of you who know Brock.  He was born naturally athletic. 

I was hesitant to put him in because I knew once we started we were "in it" and this new phase of our life was upon us.  But he needed it and it was worth it.  Bring on the sports... the Herbert's are now ready.  Next will be school, scouting, dance, etc.  Next thing you know collages, missions, marriages... they grow up so fast :) 
They had a great team.  He even made a friend that we have been hanging out with.  That was a bonus for me!  His coach was really good with Brock - he was in a hard position (the coach) because he didn't want to hold Brock back, but he also needed to give the players chances to play.  He taught him how to pass and how to play defense.  He took defense very seriously.  He was so cute and I think I miss it more than he does.  I can't decide if I want to put him in spring soccer or try another sport.
I could just eat him up!  I wish he were smiling - because his smile was ear to ear during the WHOLE game.  But you know Brock - very serious!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Way to go, Brock! That's wonderful that he enjoyed it so much. I'm glad you were happy with it.