Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tea Party

I have been focusing lately on finding friends for Noah and Megan.  All of their "friends" are really just Brock's friends -  I realized this when Noah started talking about his birthday party and all of his friends to invite were the same ones from Brock's party. 

Neither of them really have friends of their own, and when Brock was 2 and 3 he had a lot of friends.  All of our play dates and outings have always seemed to focus around Brock.  Well, with Brock going to school starting next week, I knew I wanted them each to have their own friends.

A few weeks ago I invited a girl from our ward to come play.  This is probably the first girl Megan has played with - just one on one - with out brothers.  It was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen.  The first thing Megan did was pull out all of her "girl toys" and showed them to her, and then asked if she wanted to have a tea party.  They were so cute.  They followed all the "tea party" rules.  Megan would pour the water into the cups and put the cups on the little saucer plates.  Janie would ask for "more tea please" and Megan would get up, walk around, and pour her more, and Janie would say "thank you".  I KNOW Megan has never seen a "tea party" before, it just seemed to be innate in her.  So funny.


3 comments:

Karen said...

How cute!!

The Halls said...

Super cute. I love how kids have their own rules to play...it's funny what they come up with. I love the manners. They've both been taught well.

Rosie said...

very cute... and school starts next week? That seems to early, even for Utah.