Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Playing outside with Mads

Madison loves to play in our backyard.  She moslty loves it in the heat of the day.  I try to put her in shade - but she always moves her toys out into the sun.  She could spend hours out there going in and out of her car and pushing her stroller around (well pushing anything around that will move: pool, bikes, chairs, etc).  If I am holding her and walk out side to put something away and walk back inside she starts screaming and trys to push herself off of me.  


She is a lot like Brock in that she puts everything in her mouth - I know most babies do - but her and Brock did it a lot more than Megan and Noah.  Brock still does.  These two pictures look a lot like me when I was a baby, right mom? - she is the first child of mine to look anything like me.  I hoped at least one would.












This is how she pushes her stroller - from the front. I swear she has walked a mile pushing this thing. 


 Then one day she stood up.


She stood for about a month or so.  Now she is stepping.  She is up to about 6 steps.   

Sometimes when Madison and Megan are playing in the back yard or around the house I think about how differently their baby-hood/childhood is form Brock and Noah - having this house, backyard, and all the toys.  Brock and Noah could not just go outside and crawl around on grass when ever they wanted too.  I had to take them down three flights of stairs - and even then it was mostly just a parking lot to play on.  Their  most of their outside time was standing on the windowsill looking out the window or playing on our dirty dirty balcony.  Their "play" area in our apartment was about 6 feet by 6 feet.  And that was it.  These girls are living the high life compared to the "sacrifices" their brothers went through to get us here.  I hope they appreciate it! 

2 comments:

Karen said...

The picture of Madison pushing the stroller in the backyard looks like Brock wearing a pink outfit!:) We're making those "sacrifices" right now. I really look forward to when we have a backyard.

mbjhme said...

You are right, she does look like you in those pictures. She is so cute. I am glad those boys made those sacrifices and they didn't even know it
Love ya
Mom