Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Monday, July 16, 2012

These are days never to be forgotten...

That might seem like a dramatic title to a post... after all I am not exactly hearing the Book of Mormon being translated by a prophet of God.  Nevertheless the quote still resonates with me and it was all I could think on my way home form our outing today.

I love temple square.  I have loved in since I was a teenager.  The summer I was 16 I was just starting to gain my testimony of the church - we had 9:00 am church and so in the afternoons, every Sunday, I would go to temple square and read my scriptures or write in my journal.  I specifically remember watching mothers bring their toddlers to temple square and making a goal to do that when I had my own children.  To me it is one of the most heavenly places on earth.

Now I absolutely love bringing my own children here.  It is one of my top 3 favorite outings (maybe number one). Sometimes I get overly concerned about what other people think of me and the behavior of my children.  Generally I am pretty laid back when it comes to them, but, sometimes I let other peoples judgment get the better of me and I get naggy with my children.  One day I was being particularly that way about them walking along the stone edges of the fountains and I had a thought come to my mind.  "How would I mother if the Savior were right here."  I think he would smile at my children just being children and exploring these beautiful grounds.  I would be ashamed if he heard me nagging and getting overly upset at simple childlike activities.  I try to ensure that their behavior is not crazy - but I believe that Jesus would want them to act like children.  


 Another thing I love about temple square is that I always seem to get the best "portrait" like pictures of my children here.  My top favorite pictures of my kids are almost all at temple square. Here and  Here and Here and Here

Most of those other pictures are of the boys so today I was focusing on the girls.  They are both at really hard stages to take pictures of.  I got a few good ones.  








The boys wanted a picture in front of the temple but I knew there was no way I was getting a cute-all-looking-all-smiling picture in front of the temple.  So I told them all to jump in the air - it got their attention.

Noah ran off and Brock and Megan really wanted to hug Mads. 



We rode the tracks around down town a few times.



While we were sitting on a bench along side one of the fountains Noah asked if we were in heaven.  We hadn't really talked about church stuff while we were there nor seen any of the statues - I think his question was purely from a peaceful feeling he felt.  I felt it too.  I hope heaven is half as good as our day was.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

How sweet! I love it! The jumping picture is so perfect, if I had a picture like that I would frame it big on my wall!