I might just start blogging quick little things every day or every few days. My blog has taken a hit over the last year - I would like to start again.
I wish I could wake up before my kids every morning. Truth: I DO wake up before my kids every morning. I just don't get out of bed before my kids. If I got out of bed, took a shower, got ready, and read my scriptures all before my kids got up - it would change our lives. But I can't. I have tried and tried for the last month - I have only done it once. Right now I take Brock to school, come home - the younger three watch PBS while I do the above list. It works fine, but once I come downstairs then I still have breakfast to clean up ( or sometimes, like today, feed the others breakfast then clean it up), get the other kids dressed and ready, clean up the rest of the house, usually do some sort of chore (dishwasher, laundry, etc) - By the time it is all done it is 10:00. A ridiculous time to finally be "done" and starting our day. My kids want me earlier than that; I want them earlier than that. But it has been our reality. I really want to change it.
I try to get that list (post PBS kids list) done before Brock leaves for school. But usually it turns into a fighting match where I am barking orders at everyone for not listening or doing what they are supposed to be doing. Our mornings are hurried and stressful and that is NOT how I want to send Brock to school. On mornings where I try to get it all done first we either don't have time for our family scriptures or rush through it. The goal would be to get "my" stuff done before they are up - then I could get the "house" and "family" stuff done after we take Brock to school while PBS is on. Then we could start the fun stuff at 9:00. Much better in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When you discover the secret to productive yet unhurried mornings, please let me know.
Post a Comment