Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

January

January is always my hardest month.   Mostly because I let so many things go.  And this year has been no exception.  I have let a lot of things go.  Most years I haven't let it bother me - its ok to take a month off - right?  Well this year it feels a little different.  It feels more like a life-style change or a personality change rather than just a month of laziness.

This sounds really "Oprah-ee" but the last few days I have had a saying go through my head "live your best life".  Today while drying my hair I felt the motivation to actually do it.  I can do better.  So much better.  And I want too.  I want to "live my best life".

So here it is - my best life:


  • Waking up before my kids  - shower and get dressed
  • Pray and read my scriptures everyday
  • fix my kids a good breakfast and my boys a good lunch
  • Get me and girls mostly ready with the boys and finish up by 9:30
  • Do something really fun with the girls in the morning at least once a week
  • Be productive during naps: make dinner, clean something, make healthy snacks, work on preschool - no "pointless" tv or computer time - but I can "catch up" on some things.
  • Be 100% "there" with the boys when they get home - not distracted doing other things
  • Do something fun with all the kids at least one day a week after school
  • Be 100% on discipline and expectations with the kids
  • Do two things on my "check list" every night before tv, computer, or bed
  • Read blogs instead of Facebook
  • Go to bed by 10:30


I am considering taking time off of Facebook.  I used to read really great healthy living, recipe, and parenting blogs - but now I don't have time to do that - and I felt better when I did that instead of Facebook - but trying to do both wastes too much time.  I am limiting myself to Facebook once a day and recommitting to go back to reading informative uplifting blogs.

At the beginning of the year i decided not to make any resolutions because things were "going so well" and they were.  Oh how pride can bring about destruction!  So... at the end of January I guess these are my resolutions.

No comments: