Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Turning 30!


Turning 30 ended up being a week long ordeal.  I had originally planned on having it be pretty low key.  Then about a week before my birthday I decided to have a little "girls night".  Mostly because I have 2 groups of friends out here, my church friends and my neighborhood friends, and I wanted them to get to know each other.  So the Saturday before my birthday I had them over to my house and we had a 'favorite things' party.  Everybody brought their favorite 4 of their thing under 5 dollars  - then we traded.  It sounds kind of lame - but it was so fun!!  And that was it.  Jason and I were going to go out to dinner and go shopping for a bridesmaid dress the night of my actual birthday.

Then on December 8  - the day before my birthday - that all changed.  It was actually a really hard day.  I had a doctor appointment and it was just one of those days were I had the hardest time finding a babysitter.  In the end I was gone for an hour and a half and it took 5 different neighbors and friends trading off watching my kids because no one could do it for the whole time.  It was ridiculous, I remember thinking i wish my mom were here.  I got home and my friend Jenn was there with my kids.  They were upstairs in my room watching a show on my computer.  We went upstairs and Jenn commented on how she has never seen my room before.  We have a beautiful view of the mountain range from my windows, and so we looked out at it.  And who do I see coming up my walk?  My mom and sister!!  I was in shock for a second or two - not comprehending what was happening.  then I screamed and ran downstairs, my friend, having no idea what was happening.  I threw open the door screaming.  I was so shocked - and honestly so humbled that they were there.  My little brothers wedding was in about 12 days and my mom had SO much to do for it still - plus not to mention the money from the wedding and Christmas - I just couldn't believe that they would take the time and money to come out for my birthday!!  It never even crossed my mind once that anyone would come.

Well - they had a whole week planned for me.  I don't think I spent more than 2 hours with my kids.  Mostly we went shopping - both me and my mom needed dresses for the wedding - and Jason had given me some money for my birthday to refresh my wardrobe.  It was so fun and wonderful to have them here for my birthday.  Thanks again - it meant to much to me!

They, of course, watched the kids so Jason and I could go out for my birthday.  Megan is in the background playing, Mary (mother of Jesus) - her favorite thing to do in December.

No comments: