Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Christmas Day

I kept going back and forth about whether we should have Christmas in Utah or in Colorado. My sister, Katie, left a note for Santa to leave their presents in Las Vegas but bring their stockings to Utah - that sounded nice.  But in the end I thought, I don't want 2 Christmas' - so we told Santa just to bring it all!

We woke up to the most magical Christmas morning.  The whole month of December was green and warm - like 60 degrees warm - including Christmas Eve.  We woke up Christmas morning to a winter wonderland - I think it was like 6 inches of snow or more.  It was so perfect.  

The kids woke up at 7:00 am - not to bad.  I told my family that they didn't have to all wake up and watch the kids open presents - but they all wanted too - even the newly weds!

The opening of the stockings - one of the things they got that they loved were a bunch of Chuck E Cheese coins!

It was definitely a Frozen Christmas at our house.  We got the Frozen dolls - in large size and small size, Frozen dress-ups, Frozen puzzles, Frozen lunch boxes, and several other small Frozen themed toys.  It was a little exsessive - but the girls were in heaven!


Notice the "squishy ball" in Madison's hand.  She loves squishy balls.  She got one for her first Christmas and has loved them ever since.  When all else fails - get Maddie and squishy ball.

Brock got his first "Nintendo" game.


Noah of course got Lego's - that was ALL he wanted.



We got lots of family games.


We had a wonderful brunch - we eat Ebleskivers - they are like pancake golf balls - they are also a Scandinavian tradition. 


It was such a wonderful Christmas and I am so glad we came!  My mother worked so hard to pull it all off - between the wedding and Christmas she literally worked around the clock.  And I never even mentioned that everyone was sick almost the whole time including me, Jason, my mom, and the Bride and Groom.  That is how great Christmas was - I forgot that everyone was sick.
























No comments: