Last Monday the girls and I were trying to come up with something to do in the morning. We decided to make some Valentine cookies and then go deliver them to their primary teachers. Lest you are impressed with my awesomeness (as you should be) you should know 2 things: 1)This is the first gift my children have given their primary teachers... ever... including Christmas, end of year, or birthdays; and 2)I have not made cut out/frost sugar cookies with the kids since we have moved to Denver, we used to do it every holiday in Utah - but not having an island in the kitchen has drastically cut down on my desire to cook with my kids.
So today, I was clearly feeling ambitious - so I googled "no-chill sugar cookies" and found what appeared to be a good recipe (it was). And off we went to the kitchen to make some sugar cookie.
While the girls had a ton of fun - they couldn't help but feel guilty that Brock and Noah were not with us. They kept talking about how they would love this. Well... it was Madison's turn to pick the activity for Family Home Evening that night - and it didn't take long for her to put two and two together... during lunch time she announced that her activity for FHE would be make valentines cookies as a family. I had previously planned on deep cleaning my kitchen during nap time - but, like I said earlier, I was feeling ambitions - so I agreed, and I spent nap time making more sugar cookie dough and more frosting. (I would like to say that I waited and deep cleaned my kitchen during nap time on Tuesday, or Wednesday, but here I am a week later, and still haven't cleaned it.)
Just for a little humor, I will tell you that while I was getting everything out for us to start rolling out the dough for the cookies, Maddie said, "I change my mind, for my activity I don't want to make sugar cookie, I want to play Duck, Duck, Goose." Seriously? :) Too bad - we are making sugar cookies!
Things like this make Jason's head want to explode - see, he is a little ocd and tried desperately to teach the boys how to correctly cut cookies out of dough by placing the shapes together as closely as possible. They weren't really buying it.
Our creations:
1 comment:
We are cracking up about the duck duck goose!
Also, we're glad Megan's surgery went well. It is really sweet, her and Jason's relationship. :)
Post a Comment