Brock just finished up his second basketball season. He had a great time. Several of the players he played with last season were on his team and they are starting to work together really well. He really advanced his skills from last year. On his first game he made 4 baskets. He is an aggressive player with great rebounds, blocks and steals. He prefers zone defense rather than man to man. He is always active and "in" the game - even when on the sidelines he stands up next to the coach and cheers on his teammates and yells out to them what to do. In soccer and basketball last year Brock loves to "take a fall" (he got it from his Uncle Michael) - we always have to tell him to "stay on your feet" - but this season he did a great job and by half way through the season he never fell during any of his games (lets hope it carries through to soccer). Brock's height is his big disadvantage many player were a whole head (if not two) taller than him. This frustrated him at his second and third game where he never made a basket because they were always blocked. His coach taught him how to fake a shot and then shoot after the blocker comes back down. He mastered the trick and started making baskets like crazy again. Brock had a great season.


I would feel un-authentic if I didn't add that I absolutely love watching Brock play basketball. So for selfish reasons I hope that he continues to want to play (or if/when my other kids decide to play). I like watching them do any sports and enjoy going to their practices and games - but I found that basketball is kind of my happy place. I think because it reminds me of my mom.
1 comment:
Now you see what my passion was, nothing is better than watching your child do anything, whatever it is, I am so glad he loves it, he is so cute
Post a Comment