Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, July 19, 2019

Exercise

First off - After tomorrow's post I am all caught up, sort of.  I have lots of pictures - but they will go into posts at the end of the summer like "hiking" "swimming" and "park days".  I still have to to our Utah trip. So that will be next week.

I realized about 2 weeks ago that I am VERY VERY out of shape.  Nursing didn't jump start my metabolism like it did in my 20's.  I am tired a lot and not very agile.  I realized if I added another pregnancy on top of this things could look pretty bleak at 36 or 37.  I had been feeling like I needed to start working out - but I said to Heavenly Father "show me an hour a day where I have time to do that".  Challenge accepted.  One day I saw an hour.  Dane "wakes up" and nurses at 5:30 or 6:00 am and goes right back to bed.  Jason doesn't leave for work until 7:30 or 7:45.  I could go then.  Instead of putting Dane back to sleep I could just stay awake and go.  I wouldn't have to sacrifice anything else - just some sleep.  I started this week and have gone everyday.  It feel amazing (well yesterday I felt sore).  My days are much more productive.  I feel happier.  I seem to have more free time.  I also eat a good breakfast.  I am not eating crap during the day.  I am not tired.  I also get a lot more done in the mornings since when I get home I just hit the ground running.  I really hope I can keep this up once school starts.  That might be a more Herculean effort. 

No comments: