Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

19 years

We like to celebrate what we call our "dating anniversary".  On July 29, 2001 Jason's brother, Matt, was having his missionary farewell.  Jason and I had met about 6 weeks earlier through mutual friends.  (I think I will write the whole story next year) but to make a long story short we started becoming better and better friends.  He liked me first, but I only thought of him as a friend.  We had spent that whole weekend together and when I got home from hanging out with him on Saturday night I realized that I liked him.  I was happier when I was with him, when I wasn't with him I thought about him all the time and couldn't wait until I could see him again, any spare time I had I called him - it took me a while to realize that I felt this way because I had a crush on him - haha.  So on the morning of Sunday the 29th I was planning to tell him I liked him back.  He claims that as soon as he saw me he knew that I liked him - I looked at him differently.  It's true.  I did.  I still remember that moment.  So does he.  That moment is sacred to both of us.  That moment is what made our family, our eternity.  November 10th was just finalizing it - just a random date the reception center had available.  July 29th carries a lot of emotion.   So we celebrate it more.  

That was 19 years ago!  19 years seems like a long time.  Longer than 20 for some weird reason.  Not long in a bad way - I just don't feel a lot older than 19 - so how can it be 19 years!  Hopefully we can do something big next year.  But with a 1 year old, a 2 year old, and who knows about RONA... it may not happen.

For our anniversary we got my ministering sister to watch Eve, our older kids watched Dane and we went out to dinner.  It was the first time we had been to a restaurant since Cornona hit.   So we went to my favorite - PF Changs.
We had Megan take some pictures.  Wish I had time to pull out a picture from 19 years ago.  

And the best part - Jason convinced me to order EVERYTHING I wanted.  People and waiters were making fun of me.  But I didn't care. It cost 130 dollars.  For some perspective that is more than our monthly grocery budget when we first got married.  More than we spent on going out to eat ALL year in 2018. I felt so indulgent.  Jason is a great provider and likes to make me happy.  And he made me SOOO happy (not just in life) but I had the best lunches all week with these left overs! 

No comments: