Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Just the 4 of us

We had a pretty slow two weeks while the older kids were gone.  It was actually kind of hilarious.  First off Jason took the first week off and took care of Dane while Eve and I recovered.  It was wonderful.  But the hilarious part was Jason's and mine's perspective shifts.  When we decided to have 2 babies in two years we knew very well what we were getting into.  We had done this before - we could do it again.  When you get "rid" of 4 kids it feels like a vacation.  We felt "free" - like we had no kids, no responsibilities, and we could do anything.  How hard can just 2 kids be?  Ha.  Truly we went back and forth between this is so easy... and this is so hard!  We are not 23 anymore and having a new born and a toddler is not for the faint of heart.  On the other hand it was SO EASY, your days are slow, there are naps, you are in complete control, they go to bed so early - it was a pretty sweet gig.  But then there are those moments... when it feels like either a hurricane, or so boring and monotonous that you can not read the Oscar book one. more. time!!  

On a serous note though it was great for Jason and I to find our grove with these younger 2 and remember how much it takes and revert back to our old roles.  I will always remember these 2 weeks with sacredness and sweetness.  But we were both looking forward to getting all our kids under one roof AND getting my helpers back.  They seriously do SO MUCH for me.

Most of these pictures are of the second week - when I started slowly taking things over.  The first week I was just up in my room most of the time.


We stayed in jammies most of the day and played a lot in the back yard.



That's a Noah face right there!





You have to have pool reservations and Dane LOVES swimming.  I had reservations for this week and hated to not have them used - so I hired a babysitter to take Dane swimming.




The splash pad opened up for the first time so we went to check it out.  He didn't love it.







We went to a lot of parks.

I didn't get a picture but one of my favorite things was eating dinner together.  We put Evee up in the bouncer on the table and the 4 of us ate dinner together almost every night (sometimes I was nursing). 


I took this picture on morning.  This is about 5:30 am.  It is little moments like this with a newborn that  I always want to remember.  


I am not a good group selfie taker - I get so focused on getting everyone in that I want I forget to smile.  Ha.




Jason took these pictures of me, Dane, and Eve.  Toddlers are silly.  He loves to "old er".  He points to her nose and hand.  Then he is done.
















And what did Dane and Jason do the first week.  Well... he taught him to talk!!  They red book after book after book (he loved the Little Critters book about having a new baby) and sang a lot of songs.  By the end of the week Dane learned probably 100 words.  They also went outside a lot.



Every night after dinner they went on a walk.  This tradition still continues today.  It is one of Dane's favorite things.  



And this is a random picture of Dane watching "Jesus Shows" after sacrament meeting.  He sat there on our piano turned sacrament table and watched about 20 minutes of church made videos and said "Jesus" every time Jesus came on.  It was adorable. 

No comments: