For the last 3 or so years the Weister's have invited us and the Clark's over for New Years Eve. First off I need to say how grateful I am for people who plan fun things, put in great effort (decorations, cutsie things, etc), and invite us to it. It is a talent I don't have and am grateful my children (and me!) get to benefit. I had to say that first because I need to document my terrible attitude about the party. We were supposed to go over from 7 to 10 - which shouldn't be hard, but it was SO HARD. Dane's bedtime is 7 and Eve wasn't on an evening schedule, sometimes she falls asleep at 7, or 8, or 11 - who knows? But she does have a routine and it is NOT being at another person's house at a party. She also wasn't sleeping well and so when she went to bed I went to bed. So I REALLY REALLY didn't want to go. But I felt obligated. So we went.
The kids had a fun time. Krista is adorable and made it so festive. Although the kids ended up playing video games the whole time and then when it was time to go home they were sad that we didn't play games together. Better learn time management! ha
Then there was the game. It was a fantasy/dungeons and dragons type game. I would rather chew off my arm than play a game like this. Luckily I didn't have too - but then Jason went home to put Dane to bed (lucky) so I took his place.Luckily I got home by 10:30 and got Eve to bed. Krista let the kids stay until 11:00 ish. She is so wonderful to put up with such a winey friend like me! Happy New Years!




No comments:
Post a Comment