Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

General Conference

General Conference fell on Easter weekend again this year (3 times in the last 6, that is a record!).  I struggle when they overlap.  For 2 reasons, 1 - I prefer Easter to be in March because then I don't have Megan and Brock's birthday also in the same month so it spreads out  the mental load a bit.  And 2) I have things to do to prepare my family for Easter AND General Conference and when they are the same day the 2 weeks leading up are hard to prepare for both.  I can't do everything I want because it is just too much churchy stuff for the kids.  So it ends up being less than I want for both.  It always turns out ok though.  Conference was great.  Dane was only awake and with us for the Sunday Morning session.  We loved the messages and I finally figured out an amazing note taking/study guide after system and I am so excited. 

 

2 comments:

Jill T said...

I have a hard time when they overlap too. I have to cut back on a lot of stuff and don't feel fully satisfied with our preparation for either. Sunday morning conference made up for it, but I always feel a little stressed about it when they're together.

Jill T said...

I'm very interested to hear about your note taking system!