I had a goal to have the 4 older kids do something together (just the 4 of them) once a week. As most goals go it happened about 3 times. But had I not set the goal it probably wouldn't have happened at all. It is hard because lately they aren't really getting along. They all come home mad at each other. There are some clear problems that I won't discuss here. So I am not 100% sure how to proceed. When faced with problems like this i usually "lean in" and do it more to fix the problem. But I am not sure this is the right method this time. Time is sort of against us. The "it will get worse before it gets better" works when you have time to make the journey, but with the age of our kids they might leave before we get to the "get better" part. Do we just hold onto what we have? I am not sure yet.
Anyways, one evening we sent them to main event to bowl, play laser tag, ropes course, arcades etc. We took Dane and Eve for the first hour and did a quick family bowling trip. It wasn't quite long enough for Dane. He LOVED it and wanted to stay longer. Hopefully we will do it again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment