Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, October 20, 2023

Summer with "the Babies"

Activities I did with the babies this year:

We did a lot of very simple things.  I don't think we traveled out of highlands ranch much.  Almost once a week we rode bikes down to the open space in our neighborhood and played in the river.  We usually don't have water in this river, but we had so much rain this year that we always did.  It was a PERFCET outing, I used to drive 20 minutes in previous lives to fine a place like this to play, and now it was a 5 minute bike ride, why would i leave HR?

We watched Sammy and Linken once a week and they came with us a few times. 




Dane and Eve could not have been more excited about our flowers blooming.  They were so cute.  We spent most of our mornings in the front yard, in the garden, and sand box (before the tornado took our tree - that shade you see if from the tree).

I meant to take a picture of this a while ago, he had kind of grown out of this though.  Dane Loves to put swords down the back of his shirt.  He thinks he is Link.  Sometimes he puts multiple swords down there, or even pot lids (or Shields) over the top.  It is pretty cute. 

Dane loves everything Noah loves and does.  He tries to sneak into Noah's room all the time and look at his stuff.  He gets books at the library that Noah gets (chapter books) and tells noah about them.

We went swimming at least once a week.

Dane finally got to go down the slide.  Sometimes we would go swimming for 2 hours and he wouldn't ever swim, he would just go down the slide over and over again.


Eve fell in love with Mae Olsen (a 9 year old girl in the ward) they are buddies now.

We went to a primary activity.


The sprinklers came on and the kids really enjoyed running through them.  

It is like a happy childhood right there!



naps.  Lots of naps.

A friend dropped this jeep off at our house.  I was less than thrilled. They were pretty cute with it though.





Lots of splash pads.




And rivers.

Dane loved climbing trees.

One day we rode our bikes to Flying B Park to go fishing.  Now, you should know that Dane has just learned to ride his bike and had only ridden it up and down the street. Flying B park is about 5 miles away and up some STEEP hills and a few dirt trails.  I knew he couldn't do it, but I could not convince him of that.  But if/when he gave up I could fit the bike in the back of the bike trailer and put him in with Eve.  So I let him try.  And as these stories usually go he made it!  He wrote the whole thing!!  It was amazing.  However, it took him close to 2 hours and by the time we got to the pond a storm had moved in and it started raining and thundering.  If you know Dane and Eve you know their life is clearly in danger.  We called Marisa to come pick us up.  

Eve played with her doll house stuff every chance she got.
On the last day of summer we went to the zoo with Marisa and Henry.



No comments: