I wish I would’ve taken a picture today, but I didn’t. I’m really starting to understand how much I am enjoying my teenage girls and how much they enrich my life. There are so many things that I lack in the cute girl department that used to kind of be there, but I let a lot of those skills fall out of importance in my life and I now want to care more about my hair and make up and things like that, but have found it difficult to do so primarily because of pure knowledge. I love having teenage girls that I can ask fashion advice for or borrow jewelry from or go shopping with. I genuinely value both of their opinions. They will have a very different and unique taste in perspective, and I feel like they both kind of have a piece of me and so both of their opinions are important to me.
Today during nap time, me and Megan and madison went shopping for some winter clothes. The intent was for me to run a bunch of errands and for them to do shopping. That really didn’t happen at all as I ended up shopping right along with them. Then we came home and had a fashion show and decided what to keep and what to take back, and I truly felt like I spent the afternoon with my girlfriends. I am really enjoying this stage of life. It doesn’t bother me at all that my daughters are more fashion forward and I am. In truth I am so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment