Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Family Swim

For Eve's birthday we went swimming.  Brock was at soccer and Megan was sick, so it wasn't everyone, but it was great to go with more people.  Dane, Eve, and I go on outings all the time, but they almost never go fun places with the big kids or with Jason.  So getting to do fun things and show them all their tricks is a special treat!


Jason and Dane went on the slide over and over and over again.





Noah ended  up going to the indoor pool the whole time so it was just Mads as a "big kid", she represented well and is always a good time.  
Jason also taught Eve that it was ok to jump in the deep end and let her head go underwater and that her lifejacket/floaty would bring her back up.  I love that I can try to teach something for months and Jason can come in and teach it to them in 5 minutes.  The come to me and say "mom, daddy teached me how to ____.  And it wasn't scary.  I can do it."  And then every time we do it again after that for about 2 weeks they say "I can _____, because daddy teached me".  I know you can read that sarcastically, like I love how I do all this work and Jason finishes and gets the glory.  But that is not how I mean it all, I actually genuinely love that it works this way. 
 






 

No comments: