Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

The Teen's Summer

As I mentioned we all lived different lives a bit this summer.  Because of that I don't have a lot of pictures or stories about their summer.  

I did take them and their friends to the temple on Wednesdays at 1:00.  It was harder this year becuase we had Maddie with us (which was GREAT!), but that meant i had to find a babysitter. I was also keenly aware this may be my last summer doing it as Brock will be able to drive everyone next summer.  So I was happy to make the sacrifice and do it. 

I wish I had a picture of Noah doing "his summer thing" but I don't.  This is from the youth slip and slide activity.  Noah was the "winner" of the summer.  He was by far the most productive, intentional, helpful, and focused.  He woke up everyday pretty early, got all of his stuff done, including his jobs with out ever complaining, he mowed several lawns, did yard work for/with an elderly neighbor, asked me several times in the day "do you need help with anything?" worked at Windcrest, and went on bike rides.  In his downtime he played video games.  

Maddie had big plans this summer with her friends.  She had planned to be at the pool everyday, she prepared for this by purchasing several new swimsuits.  While they did spend a lot of time at the pool they managed to get dressed and go do some fun things as well.  I got to pick them up from the Barbie movie one afternoon and snapped a picture of them all dressed in pink. 

We made it to the temple a few times for our family temple nights.

Megan and Madison increasingly find spaces for each other in their lives and I love it.  Lately they spend a lot of time in the hammock together listening to music, texting their friends, talking about boys, and other things they surly think I don't know about.  


Megan spent her summer similar to Noah's.  The difference between her and Noah is that she has been running her life like that since she was 5.  (she does not mow lawns though)  She takes hours long bike rides daily and weekly bike trips to the library.  She got together a few times with friends and did some babysitting.  She worked on her art a lot.  She did have a "grand plan" for a summer activity.  We drove her to the Parker library one morning and dropped her off.  She stayed there for almost 5 hours.  She walked up the McDonalds and bought herself lunch.  She loved it.  I asked her to take pictures.




I don't have any pictures of Brock.  Brock spent the summer playing soccer, going to work at Windcrest, and hanging out with Dillon and Cameron.  They actually added a new friend, Sam Taylor.  That has been exciting.  Ha



 

No comments: