Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Eggs

Here we are dying Easter eggs on Saturday night - We did this last year and obviously Brock was not into it yet - and I still thought he would be too young. I assumed he would watch me put the first few eggs in, want to throw the eggs, and be too impatient to see that they had turned colors. I was quite wrong. He sat on my lap very patiently the whole 15 or 20 minutes and enjoyed the whole process - he was gentle with the eggs and only cracked one on accident.


This was they boys' "joint" Easter basket. This is actually the same Easter basket I had as a little girl. It comes with a little bit of drama. Me and my sisters all had matching wood Easter baskets like this one. Katie's was pink, mine was blue (seen above) and Ashley's was yellow. Later my mom got a light blue on for one of the boys and I guess she thought that one of the boys should have my darker blue one (because blue is for boys), so one Easter she used a different basket for me and used mine for Michael - I was very upset. In my mom's defense I think I was like 13 and should have been mature enough to handle it - but I was not and threw a big fit (this is embarrassing to write about) - so every Easter it has been a big deal to make sure I got my right Easter basket. Then the year I got married she gave it to me for my first Easter.

Finding eggs. Brock got really into it - he would say, "oo - found it".


Noah with his turtle

No comments: