Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reasons for having a child...build your self esteem

Now that Brock can talk a lot and express his feelings it has made our days a lot more fun and interesting.

At this stage everything I do is awesome - and I love it. Some examples from the last few weeks:

-We were in the car and I was singing to the radio really loud (I am a TERRIBLE singer) - when I was finished Brock said, "pretty singing - sing again."

-We were on the living room floor and I was really hyper and making silly faces at Brock and Noah and Brock said, "mommy funny", he kept saying it, over and over. I don't think anyone has EVER said I was funny - it actually made me feel good - I thought, "maybe I am funny."

-Barney was on and I was dancing to one of the songs (don't judge), I didn't realize that Brock was watching me - when I was done Brock insisted I continue to dance, and every time I stopped he would yell "dance again" - and then would clap at each really cool trick!

Maybe this post is more about how I am apparently desperate for attention and praise - I don't know - but it is so fun to be the center of Brock's world - and for now, I can do no wrong. I am a cool, funny mom who knows how to sing and dance.

1 comment:

Megan Loves Life said...

Hey, I have always thought you were funny. How quickly you forget your own wit...

Abbey always tells me "good job" or any time I'm wearing pink I look "pretty". Don't you love them talking!?!? I thought life couldn't get better but, oh boy!