Conference weekend is one of my favorite weekends. This one was no exception. My favorite session was Saturday morning - all were excellent talks - each one right after another was so powerful. (This was the only session that BOTH my boys were sleeping - so I got to hear it best.)
The first talk - Elder Hales - was AWSOME! He spoke on provident living. I liked how he said part of living providently was being satisfied and even happy with what you have and where you are right now in life - we really needed that advice :). I also appreciated how he kept referring to debt as an addiction and how overspending and buying things you don't really need can ruin your life the same way an addiction can. I also liked how he mentioned to stay away from "food addiction" - that made Jason and I laugh.
My other two favorites were Elder Christofferson and Elder Eyering. Both about challenges and overcoming them and perfecting ourselves. Perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Elder Cook's talk takes the cake. He was amazing. It should be required weekly reading for all Utah Mormons, and everyone at BYU.
The only reason you laugh about food addiction is because you're skinny... you have no idea!! :)
Post a Comment