In West Jordan I got released from Young Women's and put into Cub Scouts as the Cub Scout Master the month Madison was born. I cried for weeks. I loved Young Women's. I had never even considered Cub Scouts as a calling I would one day do. I was shocked and not very excited. As the story usually goes... I got to work and learned to absolutely love my calling and love the boys in Cub Scouts. I made some wonderful friends and now see how the Lord puts people in your life that He wants you to influence.
When we moved to Denver I got put back in Cub Scouts - but this time as the Bear Den Leader. I was excited because I was not emotionally ready to leave my calling in Utah yet. While I have enjoyed my calling a lot - once a month is definitely much easier than once a week - and I have learned that I work better by myself than with a partner - a weakness that I am sure the Lord wants me to overcome.
One summer day we went to Littleton Farm to earn our Farm Animals elective. They have this cute farmer named "Farmer Steve" that takes care of the animals and he gave our boys (and my kids - you can see them on the fence) a tour of the farm. It was a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment