For Madison's birthday family activity she chose to go to the zoo. I use the word chose pretty liberally - truth is persuaded. Our family got in free that day because it was the Bert the Hippo's 50th birthday and anyone with the name "bert" in their name got in for free.
I am glad we got to go to the zoo - it was an activity we enjoyed in Utah that we hadn't done in Denver yet. But truth is I think that phase of life is passing us. The boys didn't really want to go and even when we were there they didn't love it, and after about an hour they wanted to go home. The girls loved in though - I guess that is why the boys are in school and I am still home with the girls - they enjoy different things. I made a comment to Jason in the car that I don't know how people with kids farther apart keep all their kids happy... maybe they don't. I had to drag my 5 and 7 year old to the zoo for my 3 year olds birthday. I can only imagine if they were 16 or something and actually had a car and other plans with friends that they were missing it for. Even with our kids being so close in age we are starting to see a divide with the younger kids and the older kids. We kind of hoped we would avoid that - but I guess we are not so lucky. :)
2 comments:
We had so much fun at the Denver Zoo! Although it was frightfully chilly when we went...we appreciated the indoor tropical rainforest place. Benjamin still talks about watching the sea lions there, and has decided he wants to grow up to be a sea lion trainer.
And I love that you got in for free because of your name! Who knew it would come in so handy someday?
Those pictures of Maddie are adorable, it looks like a fun zoo. I love all you "Bert's"
Post a Comment