Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

My mom and Aunt Jen

My mom and my Aunt Jen came out to visit in April.  It was so so so wonderful!  I haven't had any visitors for a year (other than my brother's family on a drive through visit).  I miss my Family so much being here and I especially miss my grandma and my aunts.  I hand't realized the wonderful impact of having "older" women in my life had on me.  Since I was a little girl I loved just being in the same room or at the same table listening to them all talk and as I grew older I started to love our conversations, their advice, or their own stories and experiences of motherhood.  It provides a great perspective and can sooth my nerves to hear from someone that I know so intimately that we all go through the same stuff but it all turns out ok in the end.  I know their stories, I know their struggles, and yet everything always comes around.  I also love that they know me, they know my story, my history, in a way nobody else does.   So, needless to say, I LOVED that Jen came out with my mom.

We had such a great time.  They mostly just lived my life with me, I still taught preschool, and all the kids did their regular things, school, soccer, dance, swimming, homework, scouts, etc but it was just nice to have the company and the kids LOVED the extra attention and support.  We stayed up way to late (like 11:00 PM!!) eating yummy dessert and chatting.  I hope they come back!

No comments: