Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Utah: BYU Campus

On Monday Janina and I took the kids to do one of my most favorite things: visit BYU Campus.  I have a whole routine that I follow and I just love it.  I park somewhere around the Brick Oven and walk the trail along south campus to the duck pond.  This trail is absolutely beautiful and so fun and we could spend hours on the trail alone.  I would walk this trail several times a week with little Brock and then Brock and Noah when we lived here.  Sadly the river and water falls were turned off for the year - but in truth that just made better climbing!


Then we made it to the duck pond.  I brought some bread to feed the ducks.


The ducks are pretty aggressive - they have always been that way.  I told the kids a story about Jason getting attacked by a bunch of male ducks once becasue he ran at the women ducks (or the nest - I don't remember) - they thought it was hilarious.



I had to take a selfie with my Brock - he is my duck pond buddy!
I just looked through all my old pictures to find a picture of me and little Brock at the duck pond and sadly I don't have ONE!  It was a lot harder to take selfie's back then!  But here are some cute pictures of Brock at the duck pond.




Now look at us.  So much older and wiser.  (although I would give anything to go back)


Then we went and climbed more and more rock walls.  BYU sure knows how to build a wonderful campus to keep kids busy for hours (while they wait for their parents to get out of class so they can swap kids?)

Me and Janina.  I loved that she wanted to come on our BYU campus day.  Most people don't love my kind of activities (I sit and watch my kids climb on things and throw rocks in rivers for hours and hours).
We asked Noah to take a picture of us - guess he took one of him too.  He is pretty dang cute!


Megan is my little artist and sensitive girl.  She loved all the art and statues around campus.



I took a picture of Janina and Aaron in front of the Varsity theater becasue that is where Matt and Janina went on their date the night he proposed.  Love it!

We spent a little bit of time in the art museum (mostly to go potty - but Megan and I could have stayed there for hours).  They had this beautiful rainbow made of string or wires - all the kids found it fascinating.  Brock took these pictures.



cute cute cousins!  We had a great day on campus - and we are only half way done.  Part 2 tomorrow.

No comments: