Once we got to my mom's house we were welcomed with a whole herd of cousins! We loved it. My kids miss their cousins and absolutely love playing with them. It was Wednesday morning and everyone came to my mom's house to help get stuff ready for Thanksgiving and it was quite the mad house with all these kids! PLUS I think it is extra hard on the little kids because they are more used to having grandma's house "theirs" and then here comes new cousins they don't really know and act like the place is "theirs" too. Only after about 10 minutes of everyone being there we had tantrum after tantrum and all the moms were trying to help the kids and NO Thanksgiving preparation was getting done. So I made an announcement that I was walking ALL the kids to the park. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy (cuz about 4 of them were in tears) - but I knew once we got out of the house everyone would be great. And they were. We had a great time, everyone got worn out for naps, and the moms made several Thanksgiving sides.
I feel in my element when it is just me and about 8 kids.
A few pictures of what everyone did at the park (see the boys in the field in the background? That's Brock, Brad, and Sam and a few other random park boys)
I LOVE my nieces and nephews - they are so fun and so cute!
I was grateful Utah had wonderful weather while we were there!







No comments:
Post a Comment