Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Feeding the 5000

OUR FAVORITE FAMILY SERVICE PROJECT!!!  

I was tempted not to sign us up this year.  I have been in charge of it for 4 years and always singed us up because we needed another family.  When I saw the sign ups my first thought was "woo hoo - I don't have to sign up, I will let someone else do it".  I was quickly chastened and remembered how much my kids actually enjoy doing this AND how many wonderful life skills they are learning when they do it.  I still felt like with all the trials in our life I just wasn't up for it - again ALL THE MORE REASON TO DO IT!

We did it from 3 - 6 one Friday afternoon.  It was so fun having all of us there.  I love watching and listening to my kids approach strangers and ask them to donate.  They all do a great job of getting out of their comfort zones.  This is great mission prep!












No comments: