On the way home from the park we stopped at my Grandma and Grandpas house for some ice cream and a visit. When we got there we found 3 HUGE bucks in their yard. (They do not live in the mountains). They would not run away and the kids even got out of the car and got really close before they finally did run off. It was pretty cool.
I just love anytime my kids get to spend here. I also walked around with my grandpa as he showed me his garden. This was a tender moment for me and one I will always remember. I look up to my grandpa so much. He is such a doer. He is always busy and always working hard. He has a beautiful garden - both flower and vegetable. Including a lot of fruit tress and bushes. Every thign was so beautiful and well kept. I loved walking around with him as he showed me his corn and potatoes - his pear and peach trees - and especially the raspberry bushes. I ate some right off the bushes and I was immediately 3 again. Anytime I eat a raspberry I am transported back to my grandpa's gardens - laying in the grass eating raspberries off the bush and watching the clouds - every. single. time. Which is weird becasue my own family had raspberry bushes in my childhood and I did the same thing there - but for some reason the taste of raspberries takes me to my grandparents farm.






No comments:
Post a Comment