I don't' have pictures of all of Dane's "things" but this is definitely one of those times where I put off the post because I swear I will take pictures and then I never do and then it never gets recorded. So I am going for it.
Dane goes through "favorites" unlike any of my other kids. He gets really obsesses with one thing for a week or 2 and then moves onto another. My other kids had obsessions, and sometimes they changed but he is very different. I can't really explain why. But I LOVE this little obsessions. His first obsession was horses. He loved horses. We got horse book from the library, I got out lots of toy horses and he carried them around the house for a while.
His next love was dinosaurs. We again got books from the library, got out dinosaur toys and of course watched Dinosaur Train. That then led to trains, which then led to Thomas. We have a train table, but he wanted bigger trains, so we set it up on the floor for weeks and he played with it all. the. time.
His last obsession was tractors. He loved Bob the Builder and playing in the sand with his tractors. Bob the builder led to his obsession with tools and fixing things. He dressed up like a handy man for days and went around the house with his tool box fixing everything.
Currently he loves magnified glasses and a microphone - like Sid the Science Kid. He has a lot of "big ideas". haha
A few other stages he went through. He used to love his naps. He would ask to take naps all day. It was kind of a problem. Whenever he got stressed out, mad, sad, or hurt he would say, "I want to take a nap". It lasted for like 6 months. At the time it concerned me, now... oh how I wish he happily took naps. He also loves books and loves to read and be read to. He would sit on a lap for hours and be read to. He goes through stages of his favorite books. Usually they are books from the library. His most recent favorites are "Caps for Sale" and "The Tree House that Jack Built" and "The Bear Snores On".
It is taking all my strength to not introduce him to super heros yet because that is my FAVORITE stage and I LOVED when my boys loved spider man and super heros. But I think he is stull too young for that - it seems like once they go to super heros they never go back to "toddler" stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment