Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Surrogacy anyone?

My friend Corinne Myers had her baby on Monday morning. When I got the text saying she had her I was so jealous that she just had her baby and I finally realized something I had suspected for a while... I love babies. On Monday I thought that the feeling was everything to do with babies - and then today we went down to her apartment to see her and after leaving I was able to pin-point my exact feelings.

I love HAVING babies. I love being pregnant, I love the anticipation and preparation, I love the labor and delivery (I actually felt very cheated that Noah's was so fast and easy), I LOVE the moment they hand you your child, I love the next 2 days in the hospital - just me, Jason, and our new baby - just hanging out - the three of us - with NOTHING to do but talk, sleep, and hold our baby. That is about it - after I went down to Corinne's when I was leaving I thought, I am not jealous of her now, the next 6 months I think are pretty hard (sorry to burst your bubble Corinne if you are reading this), there are still fun times and definitely rewarding, but difficult. If I could birth a baby every week - I honestly think I would. Maybe I should be a surrogate. Any takers??

2 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

I actually feel the same way you do! Are we weird?? I loved being pregnant, the whole birth experience, and pretty much the whole sha-bang! I really truly miss being pregnant! There is nothing more special than feeling a little life inside of you! I had no idea that Corinne was pregnant by the way.. tell her congrats for us!

Sabrina said...

I have always admired your enthusiasm for all things pregnancy, baby and parenting related. I just can't related. I find everything rewarding, but it's not my favorite thing all the time. The parenting I can handle and do enjoy most of the time, but the pregnancy, delivery, and first couple of months of life I'd be happy to do without if I could. Maybe I'll take you up on your surrogacy offer, as long as it comes with a couple of months of taking care of the newborn when it wakes you up every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. I dread going through that again.