Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year.  The kids had "real" costumes - and by real I mean that in past years they just rifled through the old Halloween box or dress up box - but this year most of the costumes were meaningful.  We also had great weather.  

These pictures aren't actually from Halloween they are from the weekend before - before our ward trunk or treat.  I have never taken pictures before the trunk or treat but a "voice" in my head said, take all your pictures now.  I am glad I listened - on the day of Halloween Megan lost her hat and staff and Madison didn't want her green face - so they looked the best at the trunk or treat.

Maddie was the cutest witch and actually walked around with her broom like this - under her bum half sitting - the whole night.  It was pretty adorable.



This is the costume of the year!  Let me give you some back story.  Noah has always loved Halloween - ever since he was 2 - and the thing he loves most about it - the gruesome parts.  I have always been a little disturbed that he likes the really really scary stuff.  Well, that Halloween (he was 2) he saw a boy wearing this costume and that is ALL he wanted to be for Halloween - "the white scary man".  I was NOT about to have my adorable innocent 2 year old be a serial killer for  Halloween.   But when he would explain to people that he wanted to be the "white scary man" for Halloween - and obviously nobody knew what he was talking about and I would clarify and say, "the guy from scream".  So he, of course, picked up on that and then when people would ask him what he was going to be for Halloween he would say, "the guy form scream" - he was 2!  People would ask me if he had seen the movie!
Well the next year I had forgotten all about that - but he hadn't .  As soon as October hit he was insistent that he was going to be the guy form Scream for Halloween.  We kept fighting about it.  Finally I said, "look, when you are 8 you can bu the guy from Scream" - I made the deal for 2 reasons - one: I assumed by the time he was 8 he would forget or not want to be it anymore.  And 2: When you have a 3 year old, 8 seems like forever away and I couldn't comprehend that one day he would actually be 8. 

Well, he did turn 8 and he didn't forget.  In fact right after his birthday he said, "now I get to be the guy form scream!".  Fantastic.   But he was SOO happy!




Megan picked out her costume back in April.  We saw this Maleficent hat at a garage sale for $1.00.  She was obsessed with the movie Maleficent at the time.  She really likes Maleficent and for some reason really identifies with  the character.


Brock, he was our hard one.  All he wanted to be was a hockey player and wear roller blades while trick or treating (Ammon had been quite influential).  The problem was he doesn't know how to roller skate - and I was positive he was either going to kill himself or some poor 2 year old.  I tried to explain to him logically that he had to walk up and down peoples steps - he didn't care.  But he didn't want to be a hockey player that just walked - so he was just grumpy about Halloween.  On the day of the trunk or treat we went to Target and I said, "just pick something out."  He picked black panther - he hadn't even seen the movie.

In every singe on of our family pictures Noah insisted on assassinating one of his siblings.


The school Halloween parade: - Noah is behind Brock - Noah felt like the Scream mask would be too scary for the Kindergartners - so for the parade he wore his costume from last year - the black ghost.  I thought that was very empathetic!


I went trick or treating with the girls.  As I said before Megan left her hat and staff at school - she was a really really sad trick or treater.


Noah went with his best friend David and his parents.

And Brock went by himself with his friend Andrew.

After a few houses and people asking Megan what she was - she decided to go back to the house and put on Noah's costume from last year "black ghost"


I so enjoyed going trick or treating with these girls.  They were adorable.  I am really enjoying motherhood right now.



This was the year of candy for sure!  Brock and Noah took pillow cases for the first time and Megan and Madison emptied their pumpkins twice back at the house.  After they did our whole neighborhood (took about 2 hours) - I drove everyone but Noah (surprise, surprise) to another neighborhood.  Madison was our die hard - we had to stop at 9:00 becasue people stopped answering  their doors - by that time Brock and Megan were done but Madison would had gone all night.

Ammon did home work while Jason passed out candy - LAME!  I tried to force him to go out with his friends - but he was too responsible :)  He had just gotten back from a hockey tournament in Detroit that morning and had homework to catch up on.  He is such a good kid.

No comments: