We had our blue and gold banquet for cub scouts. It is so fun having both our boys in Cub Scouts together. Brock got his Bear award and is now a Weeblo. Which is weird for me because when I was in Cub Scouts I had the bears and I remember feeling like they were so old and when they became Weeblos - well they were basically young men at that point. I remember imagining what Brock would be like as a Weeblo. This growing up thing is strange.
Truth is I am not a very good Cub Scout mom. But I love scouts and really wanted my boys to all have their Eagle. My heart broke a little this week when the church pulled out of the scouting program. My only solace is that I know it broke president Monson's heart a million times more. I know how much he loves The Boy Scouts and it helps me to know this church is led by God and not men becasue NONE of those men wanted to pull out of Scouts. I still hope that they can both be Eagles anyways.





No comments:
Post a Comment