Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Friday, May 19, 2017

Easter

On Sunday morning we woke up to a house full of hidden Easter eggs (except in the chaos of Megan's birthday party we never dyed eggs - a fact the children are STILL reminding me of and asking when we are going to dye Easter eggs).  

Jason had to go out of town for a business trip later that morning - so our Easter became kind of a bust after the hunt. 







And that's it - I never got picture of them in their Easter Sunday outfits or anything.  We went to church and then went to a friends house for dinner.

To be honest it wasn't especially Christ centered Easter. Easter was kind of an after thought this year with Megan's birthday (and Brock's later that week).  Since both Brock and Megan were born Easter has always been in March which gave me plenty of time to focus on it and make it much more Christ centered - but having it smack dab in the middle of birthday week (when both of them got birthday parties that year) I kind of dropped the ball.  In the grand scheme of things I am grateful we have a Christ centered home and Christ is part of our everyday conversations and we have good habits of daily family prayer and scripture study and for primary teachers who were able to refocus their attention on the true meaning of Easter.

No comments: