Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fiji - Buma Waterfalls - Day 3

Our next day we took a boat ride back over to the beautiful island of Taviuni.  Taviuni is knows as the "garden island" - it is beautiful and much bigger and has a lot more to do than Qamea.  In fact if we wanted to have "done more" than we should have stayed on Taviuni - and while I was grateful to have a bigger island closer and see what life was like there - this trip was about doing less - so I am glad we stayed where we did.  

We hiked to 2 beautiful waterfalls.  Hiking is weird here because everything is so lush and green - you are definitely hiking up a mountain - but it feels like you are just walking through a garden - definitly not like hiking in Utah or Colorado.






This was our first water fall - fun fact - this is a waterfall they did a Survivor challenge... they had to climb up it.









The view from the top of the mountain was amazing.  There was a little pavilion/deck out look at the top.  When we got up there we saw 4 "old" people and quickly discovered they were from the LDS Mission Presidency (from Idaho and Utah).  Small world.  We discussed the members and the work in Fiji for a while - it was nice to feel a touch of home half was around the world.


Then we made it to our second waterfall.  It was hot enough by now that we all decided to take a little swim.






These are some friends we made - they are from Indiana and on their honeymoon.


This is Edmund - our guide.






Gross!!!




These are some other good friends we made - I thought this was a cute picture so I took it with out them knowing and sent it to them.  Their names are Jerry and Carol and are from Texas - they were here for Carol's 60th birthday and were so kind and friendly.

No comments: