Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Fiji: Private Island - Day 6

One of the activities we could choose was to have a boat take us to a private island - drop us off with a picnic lunch and come back and pick us up 2 hours later.  We loved the idea!  This seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity - be totally isolated on a desert island in the middle of the pacific ocean.  It seemed kind of strange at first thought though - we were already "alone" most of  the time on this trip - did we need to be more alone?  But we wanted to go anyways.

The little beach was beautiful.  








We did, however share our island with this adorable crab!



They left us with snorkeling gear, lounge chairs, a little picnic lunch and instead of a bottle of wine - I talked them into packing us chocolate cake instead! :)


This may have been 2 of my most treasured memories of our trip.  I hadn't had the chance (or hadn't taken the chance) to share with Jason all my notes from Women's Conference - so I brought my notebook to the island and I shared with him every detail of every talk I heard.  Jason built a sandcastle while I shared with him (in honor of Megan).  We talked about our favorite gospel principles and our children, and our goals, and our marriage, our challenges and struggles, our blessings, and hopes and dreams.  My favorite thing about Jason is that he loves to hear my ramblings about Women's Conference (and all other things) and shares with me all of his thoughts as well.  2 hours went by way too fast - being that alone seemed to bring holiness and an opportunity to open our hearts a little more to each other.


I also brought a parenting book and Jason read it to me while I took a break from the notes to eat cake!!

No comments: