Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Fiji: Taviuni Coastal Walk - Day 5

Our boat ride over to Taviuni.
We went on this activity mainly becasue we were going to a "water slide" (made out of rocks and a waterfall) and a waterfall you could jump off of.  The coastal walk was just a bonus - it was looong - but beautiful.  It took us through several villages and random homes deep in the jungle.  




I loved seeing all the wild fruit growing everywhere.  Our guide told us that no one goes hungry in Fiji - it just isn't a problem - there is food everywhere and anyone can pick it (or catch it) - nothing is regulated.


We saw women out at low tide catching stuff for dinner - they do this everyday - the children played in the tidal pools and on the beach while their mom's "fished".





Our first waterfall - we didn't have to hike to this - we took a little motor boat up this river to the river.




We sent this picture back to our kids.  We missed them like crazy.  Everything we did all I could think was "the kids would love this" or "I wish ____ was here".  Don't get me wrong - I didn't miss them THAT much and am so glad I was there just with Jason - I just want to go back with them.



This is our second waterfall.  This came with a funny story - we had to swim up to this river to this lagoon with the waterfalls.  Jason did not think that sounded interested - so he stayed back (nice and dry) while the rest of our group swam up the river to the falls.  I went down the water slide (on the left) - it was really fun and our guide jumped off the falls.  Once we were all done we swam back down the river.  When we found Jason again he told us he wanted to jump off the falls but didn't know this was the fall that we could jump off of.  So we all swam back up the river and Jason jumped off the falls - go babe.

You can see Jason at the top.
And the jump


I was so proud of him - Jason doesn't typically do things like that.  He is afraid of heights and doesn't like to get wet - so who would have thought he would jump off a waterfall!?!

No comments: