The Denver temple closed for renovations from June to October. Mid-July Madison realized she wouldn't be able to take her baptism photos there (as they also closed the grounds). We discussed driving the 2 hours to Fort Collins but it wasn't "her" temple and I just couldn't find a good time for us to make the trip. One day I was driving past the temple and a security guard was sitting by the gate in his truck. I went to talk to him and told him about Madison. He said if I brought her by at 6:00 he would open the grounds just for her! It was such a special experience to be on the grounds all by ourselves. Madison mentioned several times that she felt the spirit. She was so kind and thanked the security guard several times. We also got to hear cool stories about temple security (he has worked there since it opened in the 80s).
No comments:
Post a Comment