Title Picture:

I know our top picture is incredibly out of date - but I love it because it captures perfectly my life at one point. So it will stay.

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Pirates Cove


Image result for pirates cove
We went to pirates cover (a water park) with several other families in our neighborhood.  It was kind of a last minute decision (like we are leaving in 20 minutes!) but I am so glad I was willing to throw plans to the wind and just go.  I am even more glad that I have a baby who lets me do that!  We had such a great time and it was a wonderful summer day!




Me, Jen and Alyssa

My kids are all old enough that I don't have to watch them at activities like this.  I can set up a home base and they come and go as they please - just checking in every hour or so.  Typically I am the kind of mom that wants to go do things with them and not just sit on the lawn chair.  But with Dane I am kind of stuck.  I did put a suit on him and we went around the lazy river a few times and he played a little bit in the toddler splash pad area - but I didn't get to hang out with my older kids at all.  I felt a little sad.  But realized that my role was to bring them here and be their "homebase"  that is enough right now.  

*At the end of the night, right before we left I got to race Madison down one of the water slides while Megan watched Dane.  That was fun and filled my bucket!


Megan, Mark, Brock, Noah, Anna, Finn, Madison, Zoe, Delaney

Zoe, Delaney, Anna, and Megan



No comments: